M, b. 1425, d. 1479
|Note|| ||m. 2nd Beatrice, who d. 1499. dtr Elizabeth, became a nun at Syon, Middlesex |
|Note|| ||2 brothers: John & William |
|Occupation*|| ||fishmonger; supplied fish to the king's household |
|Birth*||1425 ||England |
|Note||1445 ||described as the King's sergeant and purveyor of sea fish. Granted office of Bailiff for life. |
|Marriage*||circa 1450 ||Principal=Christiane (?) |
|Note||1452 ||Rye, England; acquired a tenement & other property in Rye. Deed contains his seal, device of which is a mermaid. |
|Note||1456 ||Rye, England; sold all property in Rye |
|Note||July 1460 ||Ipswich, Suffolk, England; appointed controller of customs in Ipswich, Suffolk |
|Note||March 1475 ||London, England; appointed controller of petty customs in the port of London |
|Note||November 1476 ||appointed controller of petty customs in the port of Sandwich |
|Death*||1479 ||England |
M, b. circa 1450
F, b. 1 February 1836, d. 23 November 1893
|Married Name|| ||Susan Voltinburg |
|Married Name||24 December 1863 ||Susan Van Valkenburg |
Mary Hodge Sturgie
F, b. 1604, d. 8 November 1684
|Birth*||1604 ||England |
|Death*||8 November 1684 || |
F, b. 10 November 1854, d. 17 February 1894
- [S122] , Genealogical Records: Pilgrim Genealogies and Histories, 1600s-1900s. Vol I, Sons and Daughters of the Pilgrims , p 458.
- [S13] 1880 US Federal Census, National Archives , p 64C.
Rev. David Sutton
Sir Henry Sutton
- [S33] Henry Miller Cox, Cox Family in America, a History and Genealogy of the Older Branches...
F, b. between 1748 and 1750, d. 1828
- [S36] Marion M. Frye, Tingley Family Revised, The , p 48.
- [S33] Henry Miller Cox, Cox Family in America, a History and Genealogy of the Older Branches... , p 205.
F, b. before 1576
|Married Name|| ||Dugdale |
|Birth*||before 1576 || |
|Marriage*||before 1592 ||Principal=John Dugdale |
M, b. 1782, d. 1810
F, b. before 1751
- [S75] Betty Pond Snyder, Denman-Frisinger & Allied Families , p 42.
M, b. 1614
|Note|| ||came from Kingston-on-Thames, England. He is claimed as the husband of Anna Fosdick because he was the only person of the name Tingley in the Colonies of suitable age to be her husband. There is no record of his marriage or death. He brought with him a certificate from the minister of Kingston-on-Thames stating that he was no subsidy man, and testifying to his conformity. Most records show his name to be Tingle. Some researchers claim his father to be William Tingle born ca. 1588, this information is not confirmed. |
|Birth*||1614 ||England1,2,3 |
|Occupation*||1635 ||Occ: miller4 |
|Emigration*||8 April 1635 ||London, England; sailed on the ship "Planter"; with certificate from the Minister of Kingston upon Thames1,2,3,4 |
|Marriage*||1636 ||MA; Principal=Anna Fosdick1 |
|Note*||1637 ||Pequot War2 |
|Note||1639 ||Ipswich, Essex Co, MA; received a grant of 8 acres of land for his services in the war against the Pequot Indians in 1637.2,5 |
- [S24] Raymon Meyers Tingley, Tingley Family, The: being a Record of the Descendants of Samuel Tingley of Malden Mass. , p 9.
- [S25] Raymon Meyers Tingley, Some Ancestral Lines, being a Record of some of the Ancestors of Guilford Solon Tingley and his wife Martha Pamelia Meyers , p 377.
- [S36] Marion M. Frye, Tingley Family Revised, The , p 9.
- [S163] John Camden Hotten, Original Lists of Persons of Quality, p 53.
- [S36] Marion M. Frye, Tingley Family Revised, The.
F, b. circa 1751
|Note*|| ||m. Manning |
|Birth*||circa 1751 || |
F, b. circa 1801
|Birth*||circa 1801 || |
|Note*||29 February 1828 ||Greene Co, OH; m. Robert Mercer son of Jonathan Mercer & Sophia Ogg1 |
- [S36] Marion M. Frye, Tingley Family Revised, The , p 148.
Catherine Ann Tingley
F, b. 27 January 1841, d. 1874
|Married Name|| ||Montgomery |
|Birth*||27 January 1841 ||IL |
|Census||1850 ||Darwin Twp, Clark Co, IL; Principal=John Hackett Tingley, Principal=Hannah Walker2 |
|Census||1860 ||Sugar Creek, Vigo Co, IN; Principal=John Hackett Tingley, Principal=Hannah Walker3 |
|Marriage*||14 September 1865 ||Clark Co, IL; Principal=George W. Montgomery4 |
|Census*||1870 ||Wabash Twp, Clark Co, IL; Principal=George W. Montgomery, Witness=George Washington Montgomery, Witness=Mathilda Jane Montgomery, Witness=Rosa Alice Montgomery, Witness=William Franklin Montgomery, Witness=Lauretta Montgomery5 |
|Death*||1874 ||Clark Co, IL4 |
- [S112] Letter, Golda Montgomery to Debbie Shields.
- [S11] 1850 US Federal Census, National Archives , p 455/127,ln 33,dw 886.
- [S8] 1860 US Federal Census, National Archives.
- [S16] Louise Nelson.
- [S12] 1870 US Federal Census, National Archives , sh 464,p 39,fam 284-295.
M, b. circa 1750, d. between 1825 and 1830
|Note*|| ||m. Margaret Van Pelt, b. 12 Dec 1756; d. 1 Dec 1844 Lawanee Co, MI1 |
|Birth*||circa 1750 ||"oldest son" - per will of his grandfather Jacob Jennings |
|Milit-Beg*||31 July 1780 ||Somerset Co, NJ; served as Private in Capt Sebring's Co, First Regiment2 |
|Death*||between 1825 and 1830 ||Seneca Co, NY; d. age 75 or 80 |
- [S36] Marion M. Frye, Tingley Family Revised, The , p 44.
- [S36] Marion M. Frye, Tingley Family Revised, The , p 45.
Capt. Daniel Tingley
M, b. 1692, d. 1734
|Note*|| ||Two known children; plus ten more children, who were all dead before 1732 according to a letter Daniel wrote to his brother Samuel, dated 17 November 1732. |
|Occupation*|| ||sea captain |
|Birth*||1692 ||Rehoboth, Bristol Co, MA1,2 |
|Note||1712 ||married, no info about his wife |
|Death*||1734 ||New York, NY3 |
- [S25] Raymon Meyers Tingley, Some Ancestral Lines, being a Record of some of the Ancestors of Guilford Solon Tingley and his wife Martha Pamelia Meyers , p 378.
- [S24] Raymon Meyers Tingley, Tingley Family, The: being a Record of the Descendants of Samuel Tingley of Malden Mass. , p 10.
- [S36] Marion M. Frye, Tingley Family Revised, The , p 11.